Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Small miracles.

Having realized that all things must come to an end and unable to spend another day in nature without my allergies getting the best of me, I decided to return south, far from the land of trees, grasses and bugs. Yes there are bugs. The lack of mention of horrific encounters with these biting, disease laden, flying, ubiquitous creatures is completely based on the fact that I used this amazing substance called Max-Off or something to the max. Basically I was as bug proof as I could get without my skin melting or instantly becoming a bio hazard.

Mock me if you'd like, but I'm not the one with a bug bite behind my knee or between my fingers. Thank you EPA for letting some company create this toxic substance so strong that when I sprayed it on me outside, the swarm of bugs went flying the opposite way and I was immersed in an aura of chemical purity. I couldn't be happier.

So I left the redwoods. It was lovely. I met a lot of people that I'll never see again. And as much as I loved everything about it, I don't think I'll make it back there. At least not in this lifetime. It was beautiful and I'd love to see these trees again, but Mother Nature, I am allergic to you. I'll try most anything once, but I won't suffer twice.

No comments: