Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It's. . . WHAT?!?!

Yes. It was persistent. Annoying. Unending.

A trip down to the front desk and polite descriptions about a smell that I swear was similar to cat pee gave us a free upgrade to a Terrace King Room. Beautiful views, a bed that could literally fit a mini-circus and a terrace to watching a sinking sun.

I suppose I could leave it at that, but that would deprive of you of my next experience and misery loves company. As a porter grabbed our suitcase, we asked him if he noticed the odor or whether it was our addled brains. His response? "Do you really want to know or just not sort of want to know?" Now, I ask. Who picks choice B to a question like that and LIVES with it?

So we picked Choice A. And the answer? Bat Pee. Yes. Apparently in the attic of this historic inn, the corner that's right above Room 310 (where we stayed at) is where the bats pee. And on hot summer days, the smell wafts down to only that room. Interesting eh? They didn't include that in the brochure and it does seem weird that the staff, being aware of the problem, continued to put people in that room. Either way, it did give a nice upgrade where I watched the Olympics ad nausea. There was no question that we were taking the champagne bottle with us for the pains I suffered regardless of the complimentary sherry that existed in the rooms.

Oh the champagne? It was for a couple celebrating their 5th anniversary and the staff wanted to wish them congratulations. To the couple who never received it, Thank You again, it was a lovely bottle. To the staff, Thank You, it was a lovely bottle and eased me out of the bat pee situation, about 2 glasses in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did fill out a comment card suggesting they get an exterminator, right?!?! I would have called the health department. gah. i just got a shiver down my spine just thinking about it!!!!