Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy New Year?

My 2009 started without firecrackers, noisemakers or champagne. I missed the ball drop on tv by a few minutes and if that's any indication for the rest of the year, then it's going to go by really fast. I'm thankful for online banking which takes care of my bills promptly and assuredly, without which I'll still be signing my checks 2008 or 2010. Just every year but 2009.

I don't know whether resolutions are really effective. For the most part, mine seem to revolve around the concept that life's too short to be bogged down by the little details and banalities that can slow you down. Though, more importantly, it's also a time where I've realized that I need to face the fact that I've got a growing stash of yarn that's going to bury me alive. It's probably not as bad as some and yet worse than others, but it seems that I've become one of those people end up having more yarn than they know what to do with. I will not become that person. Mostly because I love my stash. I don't want it to sit there and stare at me in its pretty twisted hanks. And the knowledge that if I sold everything, I'd have enough for a 15 day cruise around the Greek Isles is sobering enough to realize something must be done.

They're all going to be projects one way or the other and hopefully by 2010, I'll own a tiny shoebox or two of yarn and a lot of pretty items.

No comments: